VISION, MISSION AND CORE VALUES OF NITT
- To provide valuable resources for industry and society through excellence in technical education and research.
- To offer state-of-the-art undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral programmes.
- To generate new knowledge by engaging in cutting-edge research.
- To undertake collaborative projects with academia and industries.
- To develop human intellectual capability to its fullest potential
HISTORY OF THE INSTITUTE
The National Institute of Technology (formerly known as Regional Engineering College) Tiruchirappalli, situated in the heart of Tamil Nadu on the banks of river Cauvery, was started as a joint and co-operative venture of the Government of India and the Government of Tamil Nadu in 1964 with a view to catering to the needs of man-power in technology for the country. The college has been conferred with autonomy in financial and administrative matters to achieve rapid development. Because of this rich experience, this institution was granted Deemed University Status with the approval of the UGC/AICTE and Govt. of India in the year 2003 and renamed as National Institute of Technology. NIT-T was registered under Societies Registration Act XXVII of 1975.
The Chairman of NITT is Dr. Rajaram Nityananda (also Senior Professor, National Centre for Radio Astrophysics, Tata Institute of Fundamental Research) and the Director of NITT is Dr.Srinivasan Sundarrajan